Monday, February 22, 2010

The Week I Slept on My Floor

What started as a Saturday afternoon of cleaning my room soon became an evening of completely rearranging my space, interrupted by dinner plans and a night out.

I returned home to find I had earlier piled half my earthly belongings on top of my mattress in order to clear the floor and vacuum, so I resolved to roll out the mattress pad and Goodwill sleeping bag and call it a night.

Thus began the saga that will go down in my history as the-night-that-turned-into-the-week-I-slept-on-my-floor.

You know these things life hands you once in awhile -- or, more correctly, that you decide to take on yourself:

Unfinished Projects You Obviously Underestimated, Regarding Simplicity.

UP YOURS, for short.

They're the "good ideas, at the time" that land you, for lack of a metaphor, on the floor -- in a shiny blue sleeping bag from a secondhand store designed for someone six inches shorter than you.

Oh, but doesn't it feel good once you actually complete one of these little projects? When you actually complete one... IF you actually complete one...

Stay tuned for the blog post when that happens. (Hopefully, it will be sooner, rather than later. I miss my mattress.)

No comments:

Post a Comment